K-16 Partnerships: Supporting Housing-Insecure Schools – Feb 26
Posted by PHENND on February 4, 2020
This pre-conference event will focus on K-16 partnerships that support students and families experiencing homelessness.
Community College of Philadelphia has partnerships with both the Waring and Spring Garden Schools, which involve tutoring and other traditional outreach. However, both schools have student bodies with high levels of housing insecurity. Come learn about how that impacts the partnership and what CCP is doing to help address student needs beyond academic support.
Wednesday, February 26th (NOTE NEW DATE AND TIME!)
Location: Community College of Philadelphia
Confirmed speakers include:
- Michelle Lopez, Manager, Community Engagement and Civic Leadership, Community College of Philadelphia
- Laureal Robinson, Principal, Spring Garden School
- Colleen Landy, Assistant Director for Students Experiencing Homelessness, School District of Philadelphia
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- ATTN School Leaders: 1/21 Info Webinar about the School Community Partnerships Coordinator VISTA program
- PHENND Fellow VISTA virtual information session – Jan 25
- When the Marches End: Are we for Real this Time? (Part Two ) – Jan 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.