K-16 Partnerships Network Meeting: Social Work Interns in K-12 Schools
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
School District of Philadelphia, 440 North Broad St. Room 1075
The theme of this meeting we will discuss partnerships that engage social work interns in K-12 schools and ways to increase social work placements in education.
At this meeting we will discuss:
- What do social work interns look like in school settings, both MSW and BSW students?
- What kind of supports and supervision do social work interns need?
- What are some of the challenges to placing social work interns in schools?
- How can social work interns better understand and meet the needs of public school systems?
- What are some creative ways in which we can build partnerships that involved social work interns?
- Lisa Moore, Program Manager and Social Worker, School District of Philadelphia, who manages Master’s Level Social Work Interns in the School District
- Rosemary Barbera, Ph.D., Director of Field Education, Associate Professor, La Salle University in the Bachelors of Social Work Program
Who should attend?
- University faculty, staff and students who work with or are interested in working with K-12 schools
- Non-profits and community programs who are interested in partnerships with colleges, universities and K-12 schools.
- K-12 teachers, administrators and staff interested in partnerships.
PHENND University Partner Meetings bring together university, nonprofit, and school-based practitioners around common themes. Attendees will have the chance to ask questions to all presenters, network with peers and obtain concrete information on how to connect with the School District. The three main goals for K-16 University Partners meetings are:
- provide practitioners with “take aways” (e.g. ideas you can adapt for use in your own programs)
- exposure to new and innovative programs and practices
- introduction to key School District personnel and strategies
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.