K-12 Digital Access Program Manager, City of Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on August 4, 2020
The Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) oversees most major technology projects for the City of Philadelphia (CoP), ensures continuity of the City’s technology operations, and finds new ways to help the public interact meaningfully with technology. OIT uses technology to help City employees do their work better and helps residents get what they need from municipal government.
This is a new role and will serve as the City’s program manager for an ambitious initiative supporting Philadelphia’s K-12 students and families to get access to consistent and reliable internet as they transition and adapt to a digital, remote learning model for the 2020 – 2021 school year and potentially beyond.
The individual and small associated team will be responsible for several facets of collaboration and coordination, including:
- Working with the Philadelphia School District and individual charter or independent mission schools to ensure that students and families in need of Internet connectivity, digital skills support, and technical assistance are connected with the appropriate entity
- Liaising with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and associated Digital Navigator resources to ensure that students and families can connect to the Internet and utilize remote tools and curricula
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders in the City and School District to identify and then manage a
- Coordinating Entity who will be responsible for providing a telephone help hotline, associated Digital Navigators, and an interface with other participating CBOs and
- Serving as the City representative responsible for ensuring the implementation and integrity of the program.
- This role will work in close partnership with the City, the School District and associated service providers to ensure that K-12 students and their families have the resources they need to function in an increasingly digital world and will help frame this K-12 initiative within the broader context of digital equity work in the City.
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.