Juvenile Justice Intern, Eastern University in Philadelphia
Juvenile Justice Intern
About the Center for Urban Youth Development (CUYD) at Eastern University in Philadelphia (Falls Center)
The Center for Urban Youth Development (CUYD) provides training and resources for organizations and individuals serving the needs of urban youth. Through the development of educational programs (certificate and degree), special youth-related events, and instructional institutes, we address the critical needs of both youth and youth workers.
CUYD seeks to collaborate with youth, youth leaders, and community, educational, and governmental organizations involved in transformational work among adolescents. Our emphasis in on youth development, youth worker competency, youth leadership development, sexual health issues among teens, and juvenile justice advocacy and reform.
• Attend community events, hearings, and meetings pertaining to select Philadelphia youth issues (i.e. youth violence, peace initiatives, juvenile justice)
• Researching designated juvenile justice issues related to residents of Philadelphia
• Assist in planning institutes, conferences, symposia, meetings and other activities related to CUYD’s juvenile justice initiatives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; writing sample required
• Experience working with youth in some capacity
• Experience with youth organizations, community organizations, and/or government agencies
• Social research skills
• Self motivated, mature, outgoing, extremely organized, and detail oriented
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel; SPSS-helpful
• This is a paid internship
Send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Dr. Kimberlee Johnson)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.