Just for Us Girls Teen Expo
Posted by Good LUCK Foundation on March 2, 2015
JUST FOR US GIRLS TEEN EXPO!
SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2015 * 12pm – 6pm
2125 CHESTNUT STREET * GRIFFIN HALL * PHILA, PA
I am Special ~ I am Important
I am Amazing ~ I am Beautiful
I am powerful!
Open to GIRLS all over ages 11 – 18 to attend with Parents
• Hot-topic workshops (bullying, relationships, cyber safe, safe defense, your look)
• A marketplace that showcases local products and resources (vendors and organizations)
• An creative art show (Prizes and Awards for all contestants)
• A keynote luncheon featuring a local celebrity
• A college and career fair (application process, industry roundtable with experts)
• Live music with dance performances
• Teen Rock The Runway Fashion Show (prom, couture, summer fun and more)
• And so much more!
Days For Girls – provide feminine hygiene products to girls in countries are not readily available. Often times girls are not allowed to attend school during this time of the month and/or can not afford such items. We provide them with directions on usage and supplies in a decorative duffle bag ( inside are :panties, pads, wash cloth, soap, ziploc disposal bags) to last them for 6 months.
Good LUCK Foundation – provides college prep programs to assist students with information, resources, scholarships for all students. The BLOOM GIRLS program encourages girls to explore their DREAM in order from them to BLOOM into reality
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Telling Your Health Story, Health Writing Seminar – Nov 13-14
- Women’s Leadership Forums – Nov 4
- CARES Symposium: A Conversation Between Rev. Kaji Douša and R. Stanton Jones – Nov 2
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.