Junior Associate, Opportunity Finance Network
Posted by on January 02, 2012
Job Title: Jr Associate, Knowledge Sharing
Supervisors’ Title: Executive Vice President, Knowledge Sharing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position located in Philadelphia, PA
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist other members of the Knowledge Sharing team in conducting quantitative and qualitative research on community development financial institutions (CDFI). The essential functions of the position are assisting with the following: implementation of online surveys and cleansing survey data; the production of charts and figures; responses to information requests from OFN staff as well as external parties; research on topics requested by Knowledge Sharing team members; and Membership applications and Member annual reviews.
About Opportunity Finance Network
Opportunity Finance Network is a national financial institution serving a national network of CDFIs. Opportunity Finance Network’s mission is to lead the community development finance system to scale through capital aggregation, policy, and capacity building. Opportunity Finance Network provides a range of services to the CDFI industry including financing, training, research and publications, and consulting services. For more information, visit http://www.opportunityfinance.net
1. the implementation of online surveys, including the annual OFN Member Survey and the quarterly Market Conditions Survey.
2. cleansing survey data and tracking survey responses.
3. producing charts and figures for publishable reports including the annual Side by Side publication, OFN Member Peer Analyses, Inside the Membership, the Quarterly Market Conditions Report, and Membership reports.
4. responses to information requests from OFN staff as well as external parties.
5. research on topics requested by Knowledge Sharing team members.
6. other activities as requested by Knowledge Sharing team members.
Education and Experience
1. Associate’s Degree or 3-5 years work experience; Bachelor’s Degree a plus
2. 3 years experience in data analysis using Excel required
3. Experience in qualitative or quantitative research is highly beneficial
4. Experience or volunteer work in nonprofit or small office environment a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
1. Proficient with MS Office Suite, with advanced mastery of Excel and Powerpoint required .
2. Proficiency with online survey software such as Survey Monkey, Qualtrics and/or Salesforce a plus.
3. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
4. Strong analytical skills required.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
6. Familiarity with financial statements, especially non-profit financial institutions’ financial statements, a plus.
7. Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents is required.
8. Knowledge of and commitment to community development is highly beneficial.
9. Ability to work independently or in team environment is required.
10. Ability to manage multiple tasks in effective and efficient manner required.
11. Limited travel required (<10%).
12. No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
13. Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
EOE/ADA compliant, Women and Minorities encouraged to apply.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply: Send a letter of interest, resume and salary requirement to:
Search: Knowledge Sharing Jr. Associate
Opportunity Finance Network
620 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
email to: email@example.com
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.