Journal of College and Character
Journal of College and Character – Seeking Input from Campuses and Communities
Message from Barbara Jacoby (firstname.lastname@example.org or bgjacoby @ gmail.com):
I have just accepted the position of Contributing Editor for Civic Engagement for the Journal of College and Character. I plan to focus my first article on the arts and civic engagement/activism/community engagement. I am defining arts very broadly, to include craft, culinary arts, dance, design, architecture, film and other media, folk and traditional arts, literature, music, visual arts, theater and other forms of performance.
I would like to highlight examples of outstanding work at your campuses and communities in this regard. I am seeking examples including but certainly not limited to:
- Art as activism
- Providing opportunities for student voice through the arts
- Engaged artistic practices
- The arts as a means of increasing awareness of social issues and civic engagement of audience/viewers
- Public art, public spaces, and place-making through the arts
- The arts and community development
- Preparing students for civic and community-based careers in the arts
- Supporting student civic/community engagement through the arts.
I will surely acknowledge examples used. Also, any research or other information on these and related topics would be most appreciated. Thank you!
More Faculty Updates
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.