Job Developer, Philadelphia Academies, Inc.
Posted by on November 21, 2003
Title of Position: Job Developer
Reports to: Senior Manager-Job Development
Primary Objective: Assist Senior Manager of Job Development with developing job opportunities and securing job orders. Presentations to potential employers. Assist with job placements, Team Visit and Graduate Follow-up projects. Manage Practice Interview Project in fall and spring. Help with day to day flow of information (resumes, job orders, etc.) to school staff, employers and Academy staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develop new sources for part- and full-time employment for students and graduates.
* Take job order information over the telephone from employers. Fax completed job orders to school sites.
* Fax resumes to employers and schedule interviews with employers for students. Send interview confirmation letters to students.
* Assist with Graduate Follow-up Project and reports.
* Manage and coordinate Practice Interview Project in the fall and spring.
* Assist with Team Visit project during the school year setting up speakers for the individual Academies.
* Make presentations to potential employers.
* Assist with Philadelphia Human Resources Group (PHRPG) Workshops.
* Assist with collecting and reporting on Student Work Evaluations on a quarterly basis. Data entry of placement and interview information.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills Necessary for the Successful Performance of Responsibilities and Duties:
* Human Resources, Temporary Placement Service, Sales and/or Customer Service experience a must
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good organizational skills
* Able to work on more than one project at a time and meet deadlines
* Access to a car for transportation to companies in the Philadelphia and suburban areas
Qualified candidates please forward resumes to:
D. Page Huey
Senior Manager, Job Development
Philadelphia Academies, Inc.
230 South Broad Street, Suite 1300
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: 215.546.6300 ext. 110
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.