Job Developer and Community Outreach Coordinator, Reboot Philadelphia
[posted to CTCNet Delaware Valley 07/28/2004]
Position Title: Job Developer and Community Outreach Coordinator
Salary Range: $28,000-$32,000
The Community Outreach Coordinator is a full partner in the creation and stewardship of a sound program designed to give access to technology to under-served communities. This person bears ultimate responsibility for the creation and cultivation of relationships with potential employers for Reboot graduates as well as the development of non-computer related skills for our students. The Community Outreach Coordinator will develop as many different types of relationships as possible with as many potential employers as possible. In addition this position is chiefly responsible for increasing the number of Reboot graduates who secure and maintain employment.
– Build and maintain relationships with local employers to assist in the placement of Reboot graduates.
– Determine the potential training needs of prospective employers to assure that our graduates are best qualified for the positions they seek to fill.
– Build alliances with local companies that can serve as placements for Reboot Interns
– Develop a ?profile? of Reboot graduates and determine what auxiliary skills are needed to ensure students meet employability requirements
– Track student employment progress after graduation
– Assist students in the development of resumes and cover letters, interview skills and any other skills required to secure and maintain employment
– Meet individually with students to assess employment readiness and career interests in a variety of areas
– Provide training for fee for service contracts on an as needed basis
– Cover classes on an as needed basis.
– Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be excited by start-up ventures and have a proven track record in developing relationships within the community, preferably in a job development capacity. Additionally they will have existing relationships with some local employers. Must have a firm but pleasant phone manner and the ability to listen as well as speak to people from a variety of backgrounds. In addition the following qualifications are required:
– A commitment to ensuring technology access for under-served communities
– Demonstrable proficiency in the full Microsoft Office Suite of applications
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– The ability to manage multiple tasks at once with limited supervision
– Experience working with volunteers
– Experience working with individuals from diverse economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
– Prior supervisory experience preferred.
To learn more about the position, or to apply, contact:
1315 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
v. 215.735.1151 f. 215.735.3069
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.