Jill Melmed-Buzzeo Award for Philly Girls, Apply by Mar 1
Posted by Jill Melmed-Buzzeo Award on January 7, 2020
The Jill Melmed-Buzzeo Award is an award for Philadelphia “girls with grit.” Our mission is to equip ambitious, resilient young women from Philadelphia with the tools and support to advance their professional dreams. Once again, we’ll be awarding five students in May. (Read about our program: http://www.jmbaward.com/award/)
Nomination Process – Please follow these steps to nominate a student:
- Look over our eligibility requirements (http://www.jmbaward.com/award/). We’ve changed our grade requirement. Only high school juniors may be nominated. (Why? https://mailchi.mp/bae43f60d9ba/2020-cycle-opens-jan-2-new-eligibility-requirements)
- Consider who in your school or organization qualifies.
- Read the FAQs and nomination tips on our nomination form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfK9TAF2TX2HfG5KD6O8tWwVIoKOMuXK44rzp8yWjFLDUnZDQ/viewform
- Complete our form, providing specific details to help us see this student the way you see her.
- Tell the student you nominated to expect our email inviting her to apply. We’ll copy you!
- January 2: 2020 award cycle opens
- March 1: Nominations due
- March 15: Student applications due
- Mid-April: Finalist interviews
- May 28: Five awardees announced
Any questions or comments? Let us know.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Grassroots Organizing for Social Change – June 1
- Helping Hands Grants Program – May 31
- New Health and Well-Being Grant Program – Apr 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.