JEVS Human Services: Project WOW Academic Facilitator
Posted by JEVS Human Services on November 19, 2019
JEVS Human Services is hiring for an experienced teaching professional interested in working with at-risk youth in our community. As the Academic Facilitator you will work with participants of our youth programs to ensure their academic and career success. You will be responsible for the assessment, instruction, and learning process of youth in support of their goals.
Your day to day will include:
- Administer academic and career assessments; determine appropriate learning plans for each youth, incorporating multiple sources of academic content
- Oversee the instruction, self-driven learning, and individualized academic plans geared at obtaining high school equivalency certification (GED, HISET,etc.), industry-recognized credentials and post-secondary education
- Meet with youth individually and in groups to create actionable plans to achieve their goals
- Develop lessons, workshops, and other content related to youth academic plans
- Facilitate the grading and review of course assignments
- Coordinate volunteer tutors
- Other responsibilities as they relate to youth services and related department goals
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social welfare, education or another behavioral science required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with high school students and at risk youth, preferred
- Experience tutoring or teaching preferred
- Experience with developing personalized learning plans, including online learning and project based learning
- Experience in preparing and conducting workshops and training sessions
- Computer skills and experience with databases; speed, proficiency and accuracy in use of Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to pass a computer competency test are required.
- Must have own transportation
- Flexible workweek hours required; some early evening and weekend work required
To apply, go to website. Scroll to bottom and click on QUICK LINKS/Job Listings. Then under “Open Positions” scroll down to “Project WOW, Academic Facilitator” and click on that.
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.