JEVS Human Services
JEVS – Grant Writer
JEVS Human Services helps people from all walks of life including the under and unemployed as well as the elderly and individuals with physical, developmental, and emotional challenges. We are looking to hire a Grant Writer for our Business Development team in Center City.
The Grant Writer will craft outstanding grant proposals and funder reports for JEVS programs, collaborate with Business Development colleagues on special projects and initiatives.
JEVS’ development work is mission driven, focused, impact-oriented and tied to strategic initiatives.
Our successful Grant Writers:
- Work collaboratively with program leadership to conceptualize and design new program and service expansion models that result in funding support.
- Research, write and submit well-conceptualized, competitive proposals that adhere to funder guidelines and win government (federal, state and local) and private foundation funding.
- Collaborate with program staff to collect outcomes, write and submit narrative reports to funders that carefully align with awarded proposal.
- Support Business Development colleagues with proposal research, editing, compilation of proposal submissions, electronic submission issues, graphic presentations of data, etc.
- Research, identify, and vet potential government, foundation and corporate funding opportunities that align with JEVS mission and programs.
- Complete applications and corresponding documentation for establishment, expansion, or replication of JEVS programs and services.
- Bachelor’s degree required with minimum of 3 years’ experience in grant research, development, and writing.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro and Salesforce or similar database.
- Creative thinker, independent worker, and self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to attend to detail-oriented tasks while maintaining understanding of big picture.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
At JEVS, we support and commit to our employees by fostering a positive, interactive, ethical and diverse work environment; focusing on professional development and leadership at all levels; and providing an excellent benefits package.
More information and to apply, contact Liz C Griscom, Talent Acquisition Manager, Liz.CurcioGriscom@jevs.org or 215-854-1814.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.