Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program
Posted by on January 12, 2009
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program supports hundreds of high-achieving students with financial need across the United States. I write to ask your assistance in sharing information about this scholarship with 7th-grade students, parents and educators.
Young Scholars receive funding to participate in academic summer programs, extracurricular lessons, distance learning courses, and other enrichment opportunities. Throughout their time in the program, Scholars work closely with an educational adviser who helps them plan an academic and talent development path to prepare them to enter top universities. Most Young Scholars receive a college scholarship from the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation.
Here is what our Scholars are saying about the Young Scholars Program:
– The Young Scholars Program gives me opportunities to explore a larger scale of possibilities.
– The Young Scholars Program has given me the confidence to strive for a better education and has shown me that I can succeed when I take risks.
– I have been given access to the Internet and can now print my papers from home. Most importantly, I have obtained better insight on life after being given the opportunity to travel.
We are looking for 7th graders who value academic excellence, determination, leadership, and public service to apply for the Jack Kent Cooke Young Scholars Program. Applicants must have demonstrated financial need– typically, a family income below $60,000. Up to 75 students will be selected across the nation in 2009. Applications become available on the Foundation Web site in January 2009 and are due the last Monday in April (April 27, 2009). For more information about the Young Scholars Program and to see our video, please visit http://www.jkcf.org/ . If you have any questions, please contact us at 410-735-6270 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your help in this important effort on behalf of exceptional students with financial need.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Growing Relationships in a Pandemic: A Toolkit – Nov 2 or 9
- Webinar: Closing the Perceptions Gap Among Stakeholders on the Work Readiness of College Graduates – Oct 28
- Webinar: Focus on Justice – Oct 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.