Invitation to Apply: Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow – $250 Award – Sep 21
Posted by Project Pericles on August 11, 2020
Project Pericles, in collaboration with the Students Learn Students Vote Coalition (SLSV Coalition), is delighted to offer faculty an opportunity to empower their students to understand the importance of voting, encourage others to vote, and cast their own vote in November 2020, and to join a community of fellow faculty dedicated to democratic engagement.
We invite faculty to apply to be a Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow (PVEF) for Fall 2020. PVEFs receive a $250 award to integrate nonpartisan voter registration education into a Fall 2020 course, and receive curricular support through the Periclean Voting Modules and virtual faculty convenings.
View the RFP with more information and how to apply: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:6f994fc8-ffbe-46b9-92a8-ba4d25820187 (Please feel free to distribute this widely among your faculty networks. Faculty from any higher education institution and discipline are invited to apply.)
Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow (PVEF) Highlights:
- A $250 Award—to support a faculty member to incorporate nonpartisan voter registration education and the “How to Vote” module into a Fall 2020 course.
- Virtual Faculty Convenings—Hosted by Project Pericles and SLSV, PVEFs join virtual convenings to facilitate resource sharing and work together through challenges.
- Help Close Ethnic, Racial, and Age Participation Gaps—This program aims to help close the voting participation gaps between students of color and white students; and 18-to 21-year-old college student voters and voters of other ages.
Applications must be received by 5 PM ET on Friday, August 21, 2020. Award announcements will be made by Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Please contact Arielle del Rosario (email@example.com) for any questions or for more information.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Apply to Become a Student School Board Representative – Mar 22
- Webinar: Advancing equity through shared measurement: Lessons from connecting virtually with communities during COVID-19 – Mar 17
- Awards for Excellence in Engaged Scholarship – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.