Internship with Councilmember Helen Gym’s Office (Work Study/Course Credit preferred)
Posted by Office of Councilwoman Helen Gym on August 27, 2019
Councilwoman Gym Internship (Undergrad & Law Students)
We are excited to offer a few students the opportunity to work closely within the City Council of Philadelphia throughout the 2019-20 school year. This internship will expose interns to Council office operations including policy and legislation, communications, outreach, and research.
As an office, we are passionate about equity, economic justice, public education, juvenile justice reform and many other issues involving children and youth in Philadelphia. LGBTQ+ students, students of color, and/or have ties to Philadelphia, and/or attended Philadelphia public schools and universities, and/or have had prior community organizing experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a university in the Philadelphia Area
– Ability to commit to part-time (8-16 hours/week)
– Strong communication skills
– Strong writing skills
– Ability to keep up with a fast paced environment
– Ability to complete work without constant direction and structure
– Have general work experience
We prefer students who can receive work study funding or course credit through this internship.
To apply please fill out this survey, AND send a copy of your resume with cover letter.
Priority deadline is Friday, August 30 at 12 pm but application are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Due to limited capacity, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please contact Councilmember Gym’s staffer Bach at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question.
LGBTQ+ students, students of color, and/or have ties to Philadelphia, and/or attended Philadelphia public schools and universities, and/or have had prior community organizing experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Philadelphia School Partnership: Operations and Data Analyst, Apply Philly Charter (Full-time)
- AMERICORPS VISTA REQUEST FOR CONCEPT PAPERS AND TIMELINES
- FY 2021 AmeriCorps VISTA Annual Program Guidance
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.