Posted by on August 16, 2002
PhilaPOSH, the Philadelphia Area Project on Occupational Safety and Health, is the only organziation in the Greater Philadelphia Area that makes worker safety and health the top priority. We’re not a government afency and our strength dependes on our members.
PhilaPOSH seeks college student interns to help with the following special projects, as well as day-to-day activities.
1. Vulnerable Workers Campaing – Organizing and education campaign designed to target especially vulnerable workers: minorities, women, low-wage workers, and workers in specific industries such as nursing homes. PhilaPOSH seeks to education these workers about their rights regarding occupational health.
2. Injured Workers Campaign – Legal education and counseling for currently injured workers who can no longer work.
This internship is unpaid, hours are flexible. We are conveniently located walking distance from 30th Street Station. All who are interested should contact:
3001 Walnut Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteer Opportunities at Long-Term Care Communities
- Volunteer Judges needed for Virtual George Washington Carver Science Fair
- Student PIRGs Remote Internships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.