Global Philadelphia Association
Internship Opportunities Available at Global Philadelphia
Are you passionate about Philadelphia and all that our amazing region has to offer? Are you also curious about international affairs and possess a global consciousness? Combine your passions and join us at Global Philadelphia Association. We are currently hiring interns to be actively involved in helping us represent Philadelphia as a global city and raising its profile.
Global Philadelphia Association (GPA) was created to assist — and to encourage greater interaction among — the many organizations and people who are engaged in one form or other of international activity in the Greater Philadelphia region. Our interns have the opportunity to collaborate with our member and partner organizations, universities, and corporations to achieve this goal.
What are the benefits of an internship at GPA?
We are a small nonprofit organization so our interns truly have a seat at the table to help drive and support GPA’s organizational goals. The GPA team encourages our interns’ creativity to amplify all that our region has to offer and to engage and educate communities around what it means to be the first “World Heritage City.” Candidates will also sharpen the skills needed to work in a professional environment and make valuable connections.
GPA is looking for interns to support us in the following roles:
Marketing and Business Development Intern
In this role, candidates will support GPA’s marketing strategy and business development goals. Responsibilities include:
- Generate and post content for GPA’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr) and create digital media reports to track engagement progress
- Assist with the creation of flyers, infographics, and other marketing collateral to promote and support GPA’s programs
- Assist with market analysis and research, including supporting the development of grant proposals
- Other duties as assigned
Emerging International Journalism (EIJ) Intern
Our EIJ program acts as a training ground and platform for new voices on international topics connected to the Philadelphia region. Candidates in this role write stories about GPA’s members and the globally-focused work being done in the city of Philadelphia. Individuals in this role must have excellent writing and proofreading skills. Additional responsibilities include:
- Interview senior leaders from companies and organizations with a global profile in the Philadelphia region (some interviews will be conducted via phone and others in-person)
- Contribute to GPA’s media campaigns, including drafting press releases
- Support writing and editing work associated with any special projects, including grant-funded materials and other organizational collateral
- Complete other editorial-related duties as assigned
Requirements for candidates in both roles:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Have good organizational skills
- Have basic web and social media knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
These positions are unpaid internships with a $50 monthly travel stipend. Internships are offered year round and we require a minimum three-month stay with a 15 to 20-hour weekly time commitment. Our interns will join the GPA staff in our Center City offices for a minimum of two days a week. Must have availability on Wednesdays.
How to apply
Click here to download our application and email it, along with a copy of your resume, to Bianca Robinson at email@example.com. If your skills are aligned with one of our open positions, we will schedule a phone interview.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.