International Economic Development Council Summit
Posted by on January 5, 2009
The International Economic Development Council’s 2009 Leadership Summit
Turning Today’s Economic Challenges into Tomorrow’s Successes
January 25-27, Tempe, Arizona
View the program, our expert speakers, and register today!
The 2009 Leadership Summit in Tempe, Arizona, offers leaders of the economic development profession a chance to join together to analyze, review and discuss the trends impacting their profession. This year’s Leadership Summit includes three days of high-level networking, professional development, and insight from expert speakers. With a focus on identifying opportunities within the current economic climate, participants will learn how to nurture existing and emerging resources into competitive economic assets for the future.
With an average of 300 sunny days a year and a rich cultural life, Tempe offers diverse opportunities for fun and relaxation. Escape the cold of winter and join IEDC and your fellow leaders to share your experiences and knowledge while soaking up the warm Tempe sun. Attendance is limited to senior managers of economic development organizations and Certified Economic Developers (CEcDs). Executives are strongly encouraged to attend with members of their boards and their elected officials.
Session Highlights Include:
* Meeting the Governing Challenge: Creating Effective Board-CEO Partnerships
* Out Compute to Out Compete: Harnessing Regional High Performance Computing Centers for Productivity and Economic Growth
* Lets make a Deal: Changes in the Business of Site Selection
* Optimizing Media Appearances
* Financing Partnerships within Your Region
* Developing Economic Development Career Paths
* Economic Development Debate: Gardening vs. Gathering
* Next Generation Transit Oriented Development
* Latest Technology Tools for Practitioners
* Competing in a Global Economy
* One Week Post-Inauguration – What are the Policy Implication for the Economic Development Industry?
* The Future of Retirement
Back by popular demand are the Discussion Roundtables – an interactive session format where you can exchange information, ideas, and opinions with your peers in small groups focused on emerging economic development topics. Each roundtable is led by a topic expert to facilitate discussion and ensure equal participation, there are no formal presentations. The hot topic roundtable discussions are an opportunity to learn, network, and share best practices while engaging in an information discussion with your peers. This year, we will offer roundtable discussions at different time blocks throughout the conference.
* Performance Metrics
* Managing a Diverse Staff
* Fostering Entrepreneurship
* Building Relationships with Newly Elected Officials
* Addressing Sustainability Issues
* Small Town Funding Challenges and Successes
* Marketing in a Competitive World
* Downtowns as a Catalyst for Talent Attraction
* Leveraging Infrastructure Assets
* Party like it’s 2009: Economic Development Profession in the Next Decade
* Neighborhood Shifts: New Opportunities
* Be Prepared: Disaster Planning and Response
Register by Monday, November 17th for the 2009 Leadership Summit to enjoy three days of sessions on emerging trends, best practices, and high level conversations in addition to fantastic networking opportunities with your peers from around the world. Prices will increase on Tuesday, November 18th so don’t delay.
Marketing & Media Relations
734 15th Street NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: (202) 942-9474
Fax: (202) 223-4745
- Request for Proposals: 2021 Gulf-South Summit – Oct 31
- Call for Proposals: 32nd Annual National Service-Learning Conference – Dec 1
- Northeast Media Literacy Conference, Nov 6 – 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.