Instructional Consultant, YESPhilly
YESPhilly seeks an Instructional Consultant to provide teacher development and evaluation. A few basics about YESPhilly’s Accelerated High School:
- We are small (approx. 100 students)
- Located in North Philadelphia (Broad and Lehigh)
- We are funded by the School District of Philadelphia to operate a “credit retrieval” program for youth ages 16-21 who are truant, drop-out or “over age, under credited”
- Our school is very student centered, student engagement focused
- We are part of the Summit Learning Community and use the Summit Platform as the core of a blended learning model
- We have a dedicated and talented team of 6 teachers
The Instructional Consultant will:
- In collaboration with teachers and other YESPhilly staff establish goals for teacher development and evaluation
- Observe teachers
- Coach teachers and make recommendations to individual teachers and the instructional team, Conduct teacher evaluations.
- Participate in the School District’s Instructional Walkthrough (1 day in the spring, tba)
- Provide written evaluations of teachers
In order to meet School District requirements, the Instructional Consultant must have a valid and grade level appropriate Pennsylvania Administrative, Supervisory or Superintendant Certification. We are prepared to pay $500/day and anticipate that the Consultant would work 2-3 days a month, November through May.
Please contact Taylor Frome, Executive Director at email@example.com if you are interested, have questions, or suggestions.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.