Individual Giving Officer, Philadelphia Education Fund
Posted by on February 11, 2013
The Philadelphia Education Fund seeks a full-time Individual Giving Officer who will oversee individual giving for an educational non-profit organization with a 28-year history of improving the quality of public education. The primary role of the Individual Giving Officer is to increase individual donor support for unrestricted and restricted Ed Fund programming. The Individual Giving Officer will identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from new individual donors and nurture and encourage existing individual donors. He/she will work closely with other staff to create and fulfill the donor experience, from acquisition of new donors to stewardship. The successful candidate will have demonstrated fundraising success and high-level organizational skills to manage complex projects. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a fundraising professional to work within a team environment toward collective goals while fulfilling a primary role in the organization’s individual giving strategy.
- Conceptualize, analyze, and monitor individual cultivation and solicitation strategies that may include face-to-face visits, direct mail, the United Way campaign, email and social media appeals, events, and planned giving.
- Oversee a portfolio of existing individual donors and identify new prospective donors to cultivate, solicit, and steward. Cultivate existing individual donors and encourage renewal and increased donor support. Collaborate with other staff on rating, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Communicate persuasively through personal visits, written proposals, appeal letters, and reports the important case for giving to the Philadelphia Education Fund.
- Responsible for a continuing program of donor acknowledgement, appreciation, and recognition.
- Participate in planning and staffing fundraising events.
- Use development software, currently The Raiser’s Edge, to stay on track and keep other staff and solicitors on track and informed. Work with, train, and coach Development Assistant to effectively track prospects and solicitors.
- Work effectively with diverse constituencies within the organization and externally including board members, advisory committee members, staff and volunteers.
- Represent the Ed Fund at workplace campaign and other speaking engagements.
- Prepare financial progress reports and budgets for board, committee, and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four+ years of successful fundraising experience in major and individual gifts.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, supported by ability to use technological tools.
- Must be able to represent the Ed Fund independently to potential donors and make compelling asks.
- Strong facility with fundraising software – The Raiser’s Edge preferred – and in Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and with great energy and persistence. Experience working with diverse constituencies.
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality results quickly and on time.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Access to transportation to visit with donors and prospects. Available for occasional work events on weekends and evenings.
- The Individual Giving Officer reports to the Vice President, Business Development and Marketing at the Philadelphia Education Fund.
Please email application letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Philadelphia Education Fund is to improve the quality of public education in Philadelphia and the region, so that youth are prepared for college and careers.
For more information, visit www.philaedfund.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.