Penn Center for Community Health Workers
IMPaCT Trainer, Penn Center for Community Health Workers
We have developed IMPaCT, a nationally-recognized, evidence-based Community Health Worker (CHW) model, and there is growing demand from organizations across the country to use our tools and training to start or improve CHW programs. We’re looking for highly-engaging, dynamic individuals with a passion for social justice to train CHWs across the country using our best-in-class training curriculum. After receiving training, orientation and certification from our Training Department, trainers will teach the IMPaCT model by: (1) traveling on-site to deliver in-person training to CHWs across the country and (2) facilitating training sessions remotely, using videoconferencing and other forms of technology. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the Community Health Worker field with an organization committed to social justice; play a key role in individuals’ professional development; and help us continue to scale our course delivery. This is a contractor position that could turn into a full-time opportunity for the right person.
About the organization: Penn Center for Community Health Workers is a center of excellence for CHW research, patient care and dissemination. Our IMPaCT model, which has been featured on National Public Radio and the New York Times, has served more than 8,000 people in Philadelphia. The program is proven to improve primary care access, chronic disease control, and mental health while reducing hospital days by 65%. More than 1,000 organizations have accessed our tools and we provide technical assistance to help organizations create, launch and sustain effective CHW programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The IMPaCT Trainer is a contractor working as part of our Training and Technical Assistance team. (S)he will:
- Use the evidence-based IMPaCT model to deliver engaging, effective training to CHWs working in healthcare and community organizations across the country
- Provide individual and group feedback to help CHW trainees learn
- Refine course delivery, including developing online learning content, to help continually scale our work
- Be the face of IMPaCT to our partner organizations, building the foundation for long-term, productive partnerships
Skills and Availability Required:
- Prior training and facilitation experience with adult learners
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills, particularly the ability to explain topics and concepts in an easy-to-understand, accessible manner
- Ability to troubleshoot in the moment and think on your feet
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Passion for improving the lives of low-income individuals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic organization where flexibility and entrepreneurial thinking are valued
- Able to travel up to two weeks in a row at a time (excluding weekends) to work on-site at partner locations
- Creativity to adapt curriculum to new modes of delivery, including online learning
- Experience with videoconferencing preferred
Send a cover letter and resume to Chanel Ortiz at email@example.com with the subject line “IMPaCT Trainer.” Please label attachments as follows:
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.