University of Pennsylvania
IMPaCT Director, Penn Center for Community Health Workers
Healthcare in the United States is costly, complex, and impersonal. It does little to address real-life issues like joblessness, social isolation and hunger, that often make people sick. IMPaCT, a nationally-recognized, evidence-based healthcare intervention, disrupts healthcare by harnessing the power of Community Health Workers (CHWs), trained laypeople who share life experience with the people they serve. The model, which was originally designed and scaled at the University of Pennsylvania Health System, has been scientifically proven to lower costs and improve quality and health.
The model is now scaling nationally and we’re looking for leaders to build IMPaCT CHW programs across the country. IMPaCT’s outcomes and compelling return on investment have generated demand for replication across healthcare – from state Medicaid plans to integrated providers and the VA Health Administration. As a result, we are looking for passionate, energetic, and versatile leaders to serve as Directors of large-scale Community Health Worker programs that will launch along the east coast in the coming months. IMPaCT Directors will share our vision of transforming health and healthcare, seeding and leading regional programs during an exciting period of strategic growth. Below is a summary of key responsibilities and preferred qualifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide vision and strategic leadership for IMPaCT’s launch and growth in a target region
• Oversee day-to-day programmatic, financial and personnel operations, including hiring and supervising staff in alignment with program goals
• Ensure quality of outcomes for all individuals served
• Refine the program based on input from CHWs, clinicians and individuals served
• Represent the program in relevant local, state and national initiatives, including advocacy efforts
• At least five years of experience in a leadership role with responsibility for strategy development
• At least three years of experience leading projects, with a track record of achieving outcomes and managing budgets
• At least three years of experience developing and managing high-performing staff
• At least two years of experience developing programs, including building and sustaining successful partnerships
• Master’s degree; preference for MPA, MPH, MSW, or MBA
• Passion for improving the lives of low-income individuals and families
Send a cover letter and resume to Chanel Ortiz (email@example.com) with the subject line “IMPaCT Director Application.” Please label attachments as follows:
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.