IDA Coordinator, Isles
Posted by on August 13, 2007
Isles Inc., a CDC working in Trenton, NJ for the past 25 years is seeking an IDA Coordinator to manage our "supercharged savings account" programs for youth and adults. For more information about Isles, please visit: <a href="http://www.isles.org">http://www.isles.org</a>
Peter W. Rose, VP
Financial Self-Reliance Group
Title: Individual Development Account Program Coordinator
Level: Program Coordinator
Reports to: V.P. of Financial Self-Reliance
General Summary: This position is responsible for the administration of Isles matched savings account and coordination of financial education programs, which help low-income adults and youth build assets and move toward financial independence and self-sufficiency. Isles Financial Self-Reliance Group manages two IDA programs for adults and youth through grants from the NJ Department of Community Affairs and HUD. The IDA Program Coordinator is a full-time position located in Trenton, NJ.
1. Manage overall program operations.
* Institute and maintain systems for tracking workflow and processes throughout all phases of program coordination, including eligibility/application checklists, budget/expense worksheet, and hardcopy document organizers.
* Recruit and enroll new participants and provide case management during savings and drawdown period.
* Review application and eligibility for participation in program.
* Serve as primary liaison to financial institution partners to open and close accounts and resolve account issues and assist with maintenance of other collaborative relationships.
* Develop calendar of financial education sessions and manage outreach activities for maximum participation.
2) Manage and maintain all participant and account data.
o Maintain accurate and up-to-date participant information, including entry/exit from system and tracking activity through dedicated IDA software.
o Prepare monthly Individual Development Account (IDA) statements
o Focus on automating and streamlining data processes as the program grows.
3) Coordinate Financial Education and asset specific training to IDA participants.
o Coordinate financial education sessions to provide comprehensive financial education for both adult and YouthBuild participants.
o Track participant participation in both financial education and asset specific training.
o Teach, when required, some financial literacy or asset specific training sessions.
4) Support other FSR programs activities.
o Participate in other FSR programs, as needed, to ensure successful fulfillment of other grants, contracts, etc.
o At least one year experience with data-management especially using Access-based information systems. Knowledge of AFI2 and/or MIMOTA a plus. Skilled with Excel, and Word. Ability and comfort level learning new sofware packages.
o Flexible, energetic, self-starter, detail oriented, organized with a focus on performance goal delivery.
o Valid Drivers license and vehicle.
o Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
o Experience working with at-risk youth and adults with low incomes. Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities?tactful?mature?flexible.
o 1+ years experience teaching, group facilitation and/or training for adults or youth.
o Experience with community organizations and diverse adult and youth populations.
o Knowledge of IDA Programs, Asset Building and/or economic development strategies.
o Spanish fluency in speaking, writing, and reading.
Send resume and writing sample to: email@example.com or mail to: Isles Inc., 619 Greenwood Ave., Trenton, NJ 08618 Attn: Peter W. Rose
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.