iCan Bike Program
St. Joseph’s University, Bala Cynwyd (August 19th – 23rd)
Bike Program: iCan Bike is a program of iCan Shine (a nonprofit organization) that teaches individuals with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bike. For more info visit: www.icanbike.org or www.icanshine.org
Participant Requirements (limited spots available):
• Must be at least 8 years old by start of camp and have a disability
• Must be able to walk without an assistive device and sidestep to both sides
• Must be able to attend the same 75-minute session each day of the 5-day camp (M – F)
• Must be under 220 lbs. and have a minimum inseam measurement of 20” (measure from floor with sneakers on)
• At least 16 years old (unless accompanied by an adult)
• Able to attend 90 minutes the same time each of the 5 days of camp (M – F)
• Able and willing to provide physical, emotional and motivational support to assigned rider
• Able and willing to get some exercise (light jogging/running) for a great cause of helping someone with a disability learn to ride a bike!
Those interested in registering for this great program as a rider or volunteer should e-mail: email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.