International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement
IARSLCE: Call for Conference Committee Members
Recently International Association for Research in Service-Learning & Community Engagement (IARSLCE) announced that our 2019 research conference is going to be held in beautiful New Mexico (Oct. 23-25, 2019). Our Conference Content Committee (CCC), a subcommittee of the IARSLCE Board, is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the planning committee for the New Mexico conference. Please read the position description below and, if you are interested, contact Susan Corbin Harris, CCC Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Conference Content Committee (CCC) will be selected by the Chair of the Conference Content Committee and approved by the IARSLCE Board. This working group of 4-7 IARSLCE members is committed to and responsible for organizing the program for the annual conference, taking place October 23-25, 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Members of the CCC will serve a one-year appointment.
Desired Skills & Abilities
This is a working committee that will convene at least 1x/month via conference call. In addition, each of the members of the committee will have a specific set of tasks associated with conference organization and oversight and will be expected to complete all tasks according to pre-determined deadlines. To be eligible for committee participation and membership, applicants must:
- Agree to attend 1x/month conference calls, plus additional calls for subcommittee work
- Have a track record of organizational excellence
- Be actively engaged in and familiar with research around service-learning and community engagement
- Commit to following through on tasks in a timely manner
We encourage the participation of individuals living outside of the United States. In addition, experience with conference planning is preferred.
Committee Roles & Responsibilities
Based on interests and strengths, the CCC’s 4-7 committee members will be assigned to one of the subcommittees listed below:
- Conference Theme (1-2 members; responsibilities include drafting the Call for Proposals, designing the conference logo, and organizing special events at the conference. Members will work with the other subcommittees to ensure that the theme is reflected purposefully throughout the program.)
- Conference Keynote Speakers (1-2 members; responsibilities include vetting a list of potential speakers with the CCC, working with the IARSLCE Board for approval, and managing logistics associated with keynote participation)
- Conference Program (2-3 members; responsibilities include the development of proposal review criteria, recruitment and training of qualified reviewers, finalizing reviewer recommendations, putting the session program together)
Application Timeline and Materials
If you are interested in serving on the CCC, please send the following to Susan Harris (email@example.com) no later than Friday, November 16:
- Statement of interest in and commitment to serving on the IARSLCE Conference Content Committee
- Your preference(s) for subcommittee assignment (ranked, if interested in more than one subcommittee)
- Current Resumé or CV
Applicants will be notified about their application results by Monday, November 26, and the first CCC call will take place at a mutually agreed upon time in early December.
More Faculty Updates
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.