Hunger Prevention, Education Projects
Posted by BJ's Charitable Foundation on June 1, 2015
BJ’s Charitable Foundation Accepting Applications for Hunger Prevention, Education Projects
BJ’s Charitable Foundation, the philanthropic arm of retail giant BJ’s Club, is accepting applications from organizations for projects that support hunger prevention and education.
1) Hunger prevention: Through this focus area, the foundation supports programs that work to alleviate hunger through the purchase of food, supplies, and additional resources necessary to feed those in need. Funding will be awarded to tax-exempt agencies, including food banks, soup kitchens, and food pantries.
2) Education: The foundation’s education program supports academic and vocational opportunities for the disadvantaged. These programs include the purchase of supplies for literacy skills, mentoring, tutoring, and career development.
First-time applicants may apply for up to $2,500 in funding.
Funding is available to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that are recognized as a public charity by the Internal Revenue Service. The program must positively impact communities in which BJ’s Clubs are located. BJ’s serves East Coast communities stretching from Maine to Florida, as well as west into Ohio. Funding is offered in fifteen states.
Visit the BJ’s Charitable Foundation website for complete program guidelines, information about previous grant recipients, and application instructions.
DEADLINE: JULY 10, 2015
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Equity-Focused Policy Research – Feb 16
- Resist Invites Applications for Social Justice Grants – Mar 5
- Small Education Research Projects – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.