How Will You Take Action on MLK Day of Service 2020?
Posted by Youth Service America on October 22, 2019
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. believed in a nation of freedom and justice for all, and encouraged all citizens to live up to the purpose and potential of America by applying the principles of nonviolence. MLK Day of Service – now just 3 months away on January 20, 2020 – is a way to honor his life and teachings by engaging in community action that continues to solve social problems.
Service breaks down barriers by bringing people from different experiences together – volunteering can unite Americans of all ages and backgrounds while building stronger communities. Plan your own project and invite your friends, neighbors, classmates, and family to help you make a difference in your community.
- Financial Literacy Project Educator Instruction & Student Activity Sheets
- MLK Lesson Plans for Grades 3-5
- MLK Lesson Plans for Grades 6-8
- MLK Lesson Plans for Grades 9-12
More in "New Resources"
- Democracy and Civic Life: What is the Long Game for Philanthropy?
- Department of Planning and Development Housing Helper Benefit Tool
- New Issue of Liberal Education: How COVID-19 Turned Higher Ed Upside Down
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.