How to Mobilize for the Census in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, Sept. 21
SEAMAAC in partnership with The Norman Y. Mineta Leadership Institute (NYMLI) is calling all Pennsylvania Asian American and Pacific Islander community leaders on on Saturday, September 21 for an engaging and educational training on how to mobilize for the Census. The training will incorporate best practices in reaching out all sectors of the AAPI community.
Come learn how to effectively recruit and manage volunteers for 2020 and be empowered locally to enact and implement an effective outreach plan to ensure a complete count in 2020.There is a lot at stake in 2020, including hundreds of billions of dollars of federal funding allocated towards transportation, education, and social services. Did you know that Asians are least likely to report intention to complete the census?
During our NYMLI training, you will:
- Be introduced to the 2020 Census and Lessons Learned from 2010
- Become an expert and learn how to answer frequently asked questions and address specific scenarios faced by your community
- Learn how to effectively recruit volunteers and train future leaders
- Learn how to talk strategically about the Census and its impact in your area
- Take part in breakouts to share best practices and strategies for ethnic-specific working groups as we help you develop a regional outreach plan
**Lunch will be provided!**
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.