How to Create a Major Gifts Program in 5 Easy Steps
Posted by Network for Good on April 30, 2018
If you build it, they will come.
Major donors warrant special attention. After all, it’s not every day you ask someone to give you $10,000. Cultivating those relationships takes time. Most organizations experience the 80/20 rule—80% of contributed income comes from 20% of donors. Due to the significant impact one major donor can have on your total fundraising goal, it is essential that you give them the appropriate attention that will ensure their continued interest in your work.
Download our eGuide and create or revamp your major gifts program today. Follow our five easy steps to:
• Identify current and prospective major donors
• Cultivate relationships and engagement
• Make the ask and solicit major gifts
• Steward your best donors
More in "New Resources"
- Article: Progress on Poverty, but Immediate and Long-Term Problems Remain
- Article: Low-Income Parents and Digital Obstacles to Schoolwork
- Videos on Voting by Mail
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.