Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
How to Build a Garden in Your School or Community – a Hands-on Workshop, June 18-20
Learn what it takes to create a sustainable garden. This program is designed for educators and folks who want to build gardens and inspire kids to get out into the garden. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A TEACHER OR A PHILADELPHIA RESIDENT TO ATTEND. Participants will build an outdoor school garden. Plenty of hands-on activities, so come prepared to get dirty!
This 12-hour/3-session course will cover how to:
- Design, build and maintain a school/community garden year-round
- Involve the community in a school garden
- Build raised beds and plant intensively
- Make gardens accessible to people of all abilities
- Make your school/community garden more sustainable
- Find best ways to get the kids outside enjoying nature!
- Get Act 48 credit if you are a Philadelphia School District teacher.
When: June 18, 19 & 20, 2019 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Where: Overbrook School for the Blind, 6333 Malvern Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19151
Fee: $50; $10 – City Year, VISTA, Americorps; Group discounts and scholarships available; inquire at email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.