Hosting High School Interns for PEF’s Summer WorkReady Program
Posted by Philadelphia Education Fund on May 21, 2019
The summer is fast approaching and area high school students will be completing their school year and on the hunt for summer employment. The Philadelphia Education Fund is excited to announce that we, in partnership with the Philadelphia Youth Network and GEAR UP, will be offering 100 rising 11th graders the unique opportunity of securing a paid internship. However, we stand in need of your help! We are seeking organizations to become a host site. With your assistance, we will:
- Expose students to real-world professional work experience opportunities, professional connections and career immersion training
- Expose students to high demand professional careers that match their interests
- Connect youth to a caring adult who provides work-related support and feedback while promoting 21st century skills
- Display the importance of having a professional network and mentors
We are hoping that your organization will be open to hosting one (or more) of our students this summer, with NO cost to your organization! Below you can find the internship program details:
- Program Dates: Monday, July 1st – Thursday, August 8th
- Program Hours: Monday-Wednesday (15 flexible hours)
- Professional Development: On Thursdays the interns will meet with the Philadelphia Education Fund team for professional development
If you are interested in connecting a student (or students) to your expertise or if you have any questions, please reach out to Alexis Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 665-1400 x. 3303.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Dialogue for Social Change Organizations – Oct 6
- Introduction to Structural Racism (Training) – Sep 30 & Oct 7
- PA Coalition For Sex Education Webinar Series – Sep 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.