Host a Youth Intern at No Cost to You
Posted by Urban Affairs Coalition on April 28, 2020
Hire a summer intern at no cost to you! Change the career trajectory of a young person in Philadelphia by supporting summer jobs for youth and young adults.
In addition to shaping your future workforce, hosting an intern can help your organization:
- Provide a leadership opportunity to junior employees by giving them a supervisory role in managing an intern.
- Encourage diversity of thought, which benefits your business — participating young people come from different backgrounds and offer fresh perspectives.
- Participate in a collective effort to contribute to the future success of our region’s economy, which depends on having a talented and highly skilled workforce.
The Urban Affairs Coalition’s Summer Youth Employment (WorkReady) program is still signing on employers as worksites, especially for internships (youth with some work experience already) and for service learning projects related to the opioid crisis. Basic gist is you’d get some summer interns (ages 14-18) who get paid by us – so free for you!
We know everything is unpredictable with covid-19, so just know that (a) you can back out if need be, and (b) we’re working on creative solutions for a potentially remote summer and we’re happy to help you brainstorm.
If it sounds interesting, email Amelia Longo at ALongo@uac.org, and she will connect you with a Program Coordinator who can help walk you through next steps and answer any questions.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Partnerships + Community Volunteers: Callowhill Community Fridge
- Near Peer Coaches for 1st & 2nd Year Temple students
- Shelter Health Outreach Program: Collaborators and Donations Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.