HIV and HCV 101 : Understanding the Basics – Jul 28
Posted by Philadelphia FIGHT on July 21, 2020
This introductory course aims to define both HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV). It will provide viewers with information in an effort to strengthen the audience’s knowledge base, and serve as a refresher for those who are in the field. The facilitators, hailing from FIGHT’s Project TEACH, and C a Difference program, respectively, will discuss the ins and outs of HIV and HCV coinfections.
- 2.3 million people have HIV and HCV co-infection. HIV and Hepatitis C education is a needed tool to improve the quality of life for those living with a dual diagnosis.The facilitators aim to discuss
- Access to medical services for those living with both HIV and HCV
- Stigma surrounding an HIV and HCV coinfection
- The importance of testing, and how that is still an effective tool for prevention
Date and Time: July 28, 2020, 12:00-1:30 PM
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Mighty Writers at Home: New Fall Program Online – Sep 8
- Art of Activism: Poetry is the Secret Language of Revolutionaries – Aug 20
- Be the Superhero of Your Health Care, a 6-week Online Workshop Series – Aug 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.