Healthy Home Services and Products followed by Local Foods Celebration
SBN September Meeting: Healthy Home Services and Products
Friday, September 8th, 5 PM – 6:30 PM
Tabernacle United Church
3700 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
You?re invited to join us to learn about SBN?s new Healthy Home Building Block (H2B2) and to share information about your business with other like-minded businesses and people interested in creating a healthier home. If you have a business (service or product based) that focuses on improving the health within the home, this is right for you. And if you are a consumer looking for new products or services for your home or business, you don?t want to miss this event! Plan to stay for dinner and dancing at the Dance of the Ripe Tomatoes immediately following this event (info below).
* 5:00 PM ? 5:30 PM Networking reception with local wine and cheese
* 5:30 PM? 5:45 PM Learn about options for purchasing renewable energy and why it?s healthier for the environment.
* 5:45 PM ? 6:15 PM Panel presentation with 3 local businesses that provide products or services to help create a healthy home
* Jim Quigley, Healthy Spaces – http://www.healthyspaces.com/
* KL Hassen, Organic Home LLC – http://www.organichomedesign.com/
* Todd Ballantyne, The Environmental Home Store – http://www.environmentalhomedesign.com/
* 6:15 PM ? 6:30 PM Other local businesses briefly share how they focus on health in the home. (RSVP is required if you?d like to give brief highlights, email Jim at email@example.com)
RSVP requested: by September 5th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $15; $10 for SBN members (includes refreshments)
Getting there: We will be meeting in the community room. The entrance is on the 37th Street side (next door to the Penn Christian Association, and behind the Iron Gate Theater).
Immediately following the seminar, you are invited to join us for:
Dance of the Ripe Tomatoes Block Party – A celebration of Sustainable and Humane Farming
Friday, September 8, 2006, 6:30 PM
White Dog Cafe
3420 Sansom Street, Philadelphia
Benefiting the Philadelphia Fair Food Project, a program of the White Dog Cafe Foundation. Benefiting the Philadelphia Fair Food Project, a program of the White Dog Cafe Foundation.
SBN members get a 20% discounted price to this event ($28 including tax and tip), but reservations are required. Please mention the SBN discount when you call. To make dinner reservations, please phone 215-386-9224 ext. 125
For more info and a list of the local organic family farms who will supply the food for this event, visit http://www.whitedog.com/tomatoes.html
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.