Healthy #AfterschoolWorks: Free Tools, Resources, & Strategies
Posted by Afterschool Alliance on April 24, 2017
With so many competing priorities in afterschool, it’s easy for healthy eating and physical activity (HEPA) to become less of a focus, but a quality afterschool experience is a healthy afterschool experience. The great news is that thousands of afterschool and recreation professionals, guided by the National Afterschool Association HEPA Standards, are finding innovative ways to blend healthy eating and physical activity best practices with STEM, literacy, creative arts, and outdoor education.
Join us and experts from the National AfterSchool Association, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and Gwinnett County, Ga., as we explore free resources and tools to engage students and families while helping you tell the story that Healthy #AfterschoolWorks.
“Healthy #AfterschoolWorks: Free Tools, Resources, & Strategies” will take place on Wednesday, April 26 at 1 p.m. EDT. Register now!
By attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand why the National AfterSchool Association has approved these standards as the ideal strategy to implement healthy eating and physical activity practice in out of school time settings
- Receive an increased awareness of the standards and how to take the first step towards implementation
- Locate and utilize practical implementation resources
- Hear directly from an on-the-ground practitioner regarding implementation challenges, successes and pitfalls to avoid
- Discuss any implementation challenges
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Fair Districts Now: National Day of Advocacy – Mar 5
- Webinar on Emerging Adults: Myths & Facts: Why The Huge Disparities? – Mar 25
- Webinar: Emerging Adults: Why Are They Different? – Mar 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.