Benefits Data Trust
Healthcare Policy Manager, Benefits Data Trust
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Healthcare Policy Manager to help lead its healthcare systems change portfolio and advance social determinants of health solutions designed to help people live healthier, more independent lives by improving access to critical benefits and services. The Healthcare Policy Manager will expand BDT’s reach and impact by developing policy solutions to streamline access to Medicaid and other health-related benefits. In addition, the Healthcare Policy Manager will conduct analyses to shape and support BDT’s strategy for contracting with healthcare payers looking to invest in strategies that address the social determinants of health.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Healthcare Policy Manager reports directly to the Director of Policy, with a dotted-line relationship to the Healthcare Innovation Lead.
Healthcare Policy Analysis and Technical Assistance: As part of the Policy team, the Healthcare Policy Manager will research, develop, document, and promote strategies to streamline access to Medicaid and other healthcare-related benefits and provide technical assistance to government agencies to successfully adopt policy and practice innovations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of laws and regulations related to Medicaid and other health-related benefits.
- Research and develop policy strategies to improve access to Medicaid and other health-related benefits, including using federal waivers, state policy options, and practice changes.
- Make the case to policymakers, advocates, and public sector agencies partners to adopt new policy strategies and provide technical assistance on implementation.
- Build BDT’s reputation as a thought leader in the healthcare policy space by presenting at meetings and conferences, participating in working groups and allied organizations, and writing blogs, articles, tool-kits, playbooks, and other publications.
- Ensure BDT’s inclusion in public RFIs, RFPs, etc. related to healthcare.
- Prepare public comments on federal and state proposals related to Medicaid.
Healthcare Business Research and Analysis: The Healthcare Policy Manager will advance the development of BDT’s scalable, tested, outreach, and enrollment model for working with Medicaid managed care organizations and other healthcare payers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build financial models and other quantitative tools to refine BDT’s strategy with states and private sector healthcare payers.
- Inform BDT’s healthcare business strategy by tracking changes in regulations, analyzing market trends and health plans, identifying business opportunities, and measuring ROI.
- Work closely with the strategy, policy, partnerships, finance, and data science teams at BDT to craft proposals that are innovative, sound, and viable.
- Working with partnerships and other internal teams on BDT’s strategy for promoting the inclusion of benefits access initiatives in state Medicaid plans and managed care plan bids.
- JD or master’s degree in public administration, public policy, public health, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of Medicaid, the public benefits landscape, and MCOs
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret statutes, regulations, and policy manuals
- Working knowledge of data-sharing agreements preferred
- Experience in data privacy and security preferred
- High level of proficiency with Excel and other data-analytic tools
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong writing skills
- Commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable populations
- Comfortable with limited travel
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced and fast-growing organization with strong, diverse, and collaborative culture
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has screened more than one million household and secured over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 180 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit http://bdtrust.org.
Learn more and apply: https://benefits-data-trust.breezy.hr/p/7cc62483aebc
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.