Health Care Reform: Are We Ready
Posted by on January 30, 2011
Health Care Reform: Are We Ready?
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) aspires to
* increase access,
* lower cost, and
* improve quality.
Health care delivery system reform is an important component to achieve these objectives. Come learn how Bucks County health care providers are preparing for the implementation of these reforms on with a presentation and question and answer being held by the League of Women Voters of Bucks County.
WHEN: February 9 from 9:15 AM – 11:30 AM
WHERE: Pearl Buck Room at the Doylestown Library – 150 S. Pine Street, Doylestown, PA
* Dennis Walsh, President, BCPHA – BCPHA (The Bucks County Physician Hospital Alliance) is a partnership between the nearly 400 physician members of the Doylestown Independent Practice Association and Doylestown Hospital. Under PPACA, its mission will be to contract for and provide coordinated care in the Doylestown service area with accountability for cost and quality.
* Ken Coburn, President, HQP – HQP (Health Quality Partners) has been in the Medicare Coordinated Care Demonstration Project for over 8 years and is the only program of the original fifteen nationwide models tested in the Medicare Coordinated Care Demonstration that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is continuing to support and evaluate.
* Peggy Dator, Executive Director Ann Silverman Community Health Clinic and President, Free Clinic Asso. of Pennsylvania. Ann Silverman Community Health Clinic has provided free health care for uninsured residents of the central Bucks County area for 15 years.
If you have any questions about the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Civic Engagement Academy: Media & Marketing – Dec 15
- Thinking Beyond Walls: The Role of Nursing in Community-Based Organizations – Dec 8
- Community-Based and Engaged Learning Training – Jan 18 & 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.