Health & Wellness Coordinator, Puentes de Salud
Posted by Puentes de Salud on December 8, 2020
Puentes de Salud (Bridges of Health) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that promotes the health and wellness of South Philadelphia’s rapidly growing Latino immigrant population through high-quality health care, innovative educational programs, and community building. The foundation of Puentes de Salud rests on the belief that community health is not the sole domain of health care providers. Health and wellness result from a collaborative, multidisciplinary effort that focuses on addressing the conditions in which we grow, learn, live, work and age.
We are seeking a Health & Wellness Coordinator will help develop and operate Puentes de Saluds’ Wellness services and programming. This position reports to the The Health & Wellness Associate Director.
- The Coordinator will help with the development and implementation of new Wellness services in social work, client assistance programming such as food and supply resource access, and other existing community-based wellness initiatives and outreach.
- Coordinate direct services to patients and clients across various programs. This includes conducting surveys, phone calls, and some in-person services. Conduct referrals, follow ups, and ensure that patients and clients are connected with needed internal and external resources.
- Collaborate across disciplines and service areas to coordinate with staff including Promotoras, food drivers, students, and volunteers.
- Work with related external partner organizations and food pantries.
- Conduct data entry and help maintain and analyze qualitative and quantitative service data. Maintain updated referral and partner contact lists.
Schedule: Flexible 20 – 25 hours per week. Work is primarily remote with some on-site activity required. Possibility to be hired full-time in the future.
Compensation: $20 per hour. Position contingent upon funding. Background check required after a conditional job offer is made.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years or equivalent combination of education and experience required. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with clients, students, volunteers, clinicians, and staff. Prior experience with immigrant populations, program development and coordination, is required. Oral and written fluency in Spanish is required. Proficiency in Microsoft office is required. Strong problem-solving, communication, planning, and organizational skills are preferred.
Physical Demands: Possibility of lifting up to 40 lbs. Visual: Computer use; must be able to use email Hearing: Phone use Working Conditions: Position operates in an environment that is generally free of noise, dust, temperature extremes or other hazards; may work in environments without elevators.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Empowerment Coach, Cathedral Kitchen
- Employment Training Program Coordinator and Case Manager, Cathedral Kitchen
- Remote Community Engagement Positions, CCPH – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.