City of Philadelphia
Health and Medical Planning Coordinator, City of Philadelphia
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) works to mitigate, plan, and prepare for emergencies; educate the public about preparedness; coordinate emergency response and recovery efforts; and develop tools and identify resources to support the overall preparedness of the City of Philadelphia.
Candidates for this position should possess a strong desire to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, professional public safety environment, and a willingness to serve the public in the fifth-largest city in the nation. The successful candidate for this position will assist with the development, strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation of an integrated preparedness program to support the preparedness for and response to emergency incidents in Philadelphia.
Under the direction of the Health & Human Services Program Manager, the Health and Medical Planning Coordinator is responsible for a range of activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Developing comprehensive response plans for a variety of health and medical related issues such as healthcare facility preparedness, disease control and prevention, hazardous materials, weapons of mass destruction, and casualty and fatality management.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with a variety of stakeholders from local, state and federal government as well as community-based organizations, non-profit organizations and private entities.
- Identifying and collecting resource information and best practices related to but not limited to hospitals, health centers, homecare agencies, emergency medical service providers, long-term care facilities, companies that handle hazardous materials, and local, state, and federal agencies that govern public health and medical services.
- Writing and updating assigned elements of citywide emergency plans for meeting essential healthcare and emergency medical services needs during the preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation phases of emergency management.
- Provide support and coordination for the Philadelphia Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) and the SARA Title II reporting program.
- Writing, maintaining, and updating a complement of documents including, but not limited to project memorandums, citywide emergency plans, and incident action plans.
- Facilitating communication and coordination between agencies involved in emergency response under the direction of designated OEM response team leaders.
- Successful completion of required courses to gain working knowledge of a variety of healthcare, public health, environmental safety, hazardous material issues and emergency medical services issues, and other fundamentals of the practice of emergency management.
- Conducting special projects.
- Performing other work as required.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.