Head Custodian – NORTH10, Full-time
The Head Custodian will report to and be evaluated by the Operations Manager. The Head Custodian will the cleaning and maintenance programs at the Lenfest Center and:
- Support any volunteers or Facility Coordinators who have been assigned to assist with facility cleaning and maintenance.
- Utilize SchoolDude to manage work progress.
- Track and manage all housekeeping and facilities related inventory
- Perform daily cleaning and stocking of bathrooms, locker rooms, kitchens, classrooms and meeting rooms, offices, lobby and gymnasium.
- Perform daily collection and emptying of trash.
- Perform daily cleaning and monitoring of parking lot, courtyard, and sidewalk, including snow removal.
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance of windows, doors and floors. Perform regular treatment of gymnasium and squash court floors.
- Perform minor repairs such as repairing door handles, fixing leaks, etc.
- Track and manage all cleaning related inventory.
- Serve as the on-site contact person with electricians, plumbers and other contractors who visit the center to perform major repairs.
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements – Our ideal candidate will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalency; additional qualification as a Facility Manager preferred
- Driver’s License required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field.
- Ability to follow directions, accurately report actions, and communicate in real time.
- Teachable, dedicated, organized, customer focused
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Experience in SchoolDude or another work order system preferred
- OSHA training preferred
- Serv Safe training preferred
- Spanish language fluency preferred
- Certification in trauma informed and restorative practices preferred
NORTH10 PHILADELPHIA provides a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience. We also provide a generous benefits package including health and dental coverage, participation in a 401K with employer match, paid time off, life insurance. North 10 Philadelphia strongly believes in being an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse organization which reflects the communities in which we work, live and partner. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex or gender or condition, gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.