John F. Hartranft Elementary School
Hartranft School Library Assistant
Historic Fair Hill is searching for and hoping to hire a Library Assistant for John F. Hartranft’s newly opened library! The Library Assistant will work for the Library Coordinator, to serve students and teachers in smooth operation of the school library.
- Help students find “just right books”
- Manage the circulation desk to check books in and out on computer
- Continue barcoding new books
- See that checked in books are processed quickly so students can check them out
- See that all books are re-shelved by end of day
- Work with teachers to get books returned and to get best use from the library
- Experience working with children
- Knowledgeable with basic computer programs, and flexible with work tasks
- Ability to learn and work quickly under pressure
- State Police and Department of Public Welfare clearances
Reports to: Hartranft Library Coordinator and Historic Fair Hill
Time commitment: 3 days/ per week, usually 9:00-3:00
Compensation: $12/hour. Paid biweekly as an independent contractor after time sheet is signed by Library Coordinator and sent to Historic Fair Hill.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.