Harkin AmeriCorps Awards
Posted by Corporation for National & Community Service on May 9, 2016
It is time to honor excellence in AmeriCorps service and programming with the second annual Harkin Awards.
Named in honor long-time service champion Senator Tom Harkin, the recipients will be recognized at the AmeriCorps State and National Symposium in September. All AmeriCorps programs are welcome to submit nominees in the following categories:
- Best new program design addressing a critical priority (new is a program launched since September 2014);
- Most significant enhancement to an existing program;
- Member with disability (ies) who significantly contributed to increasing the participation of other individuals with disabilities in national service; or
- Most compelling member experience in either building an ethic of civic responsibility or having positive change in his or her life.
The 2016 nominations are due on June 6. The nomination form and details for completion are located here.
Please share this information with your staff, grantees, members, board, partners, and encourage them to submit nominations.
You can submit questions and comments and find tips for writing a strong nomination, a nomination example, FAQs, photos, and more at this link.
Check out this link to see the list of 2015 Harkin recipients.
Thank you for spreading the word about this great recognition opportunity!
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Civics Unplugged Fellowship – Aug 31
- Free Webinar: Developing Student Voice through Gaming – Aug 11
- Fellows Program for Rising Sophomores Interested in Healthcare/Medicine Careers – Aug 9-20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.