Happy Census Day!
Posted by HE-SVE Forum on April 7, 2020
April 1st, Census Day, is an important point of reference for the Census. It’s the date we use to take a snapshot of the country – a snapshot that has huge implications for our democracy for 10 years to come. As a foundational part of our democracy, it’s incredibly important that we have an accurate and complete count. Obviously the onset of COVID-19 has impacted many campuses’ Get Out The Count efforts.
Although the day has passed, The Higher Education-Student Voter Engagement (HE-SVE) Forum has identified a number of Census related resources:
The team from the Census Open Innovation Labs (COIL), who were on our February call, are excited to share that their partners at U.Group and Rock The Vote have officially launched creativesforthecount.org, a repository site for content created at COIL events and beyond. This helps organizations who need content to search for relevant content so they can do better outreach to hard-to-count communities. You can peruse some of the materials, download and share, or upload your own here.
Stay Connected with the SLSV (Students Learn Students Vote) Census Working Group. You can do that by:
- Reviewing our “SLSV Census Working Group” Google Folder w/ shared resources
- Catching up on our Google doc w/all our monthly meeting notes compiled
- Listening in to this link to March’s meeting recording
- Joining our SLSV Census listserv by emailing email@example.com or requesting access via this link
More in "New Resources"
- Everything You Need to Vote for Judges
- The Philadelphia Skills Forward Initiative
- Asset Mapping: Strategy for Collective Impact Networks & Ecosystems, and Unifying P
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.