Group Leader, Nu Sigma Youth Services
Posted by on September 19, 2011
Nu Sigma Youth Services is seeking energetic individuals to work with in our Enrichment Centers, providing direct services to youth ages 8 to 17. Applicants must be able to work during after school hours, Monday through Friday, with some Saturday hours as determined by the program.
TITLE: Group Leader
REPORTS TO: Site Director/Program Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time
DATE: September 2011
SUMMARY: Implements and facilities group activities with participants in various activities developed by the Enrichment Center program.
Associate degree in human services field plus 2 year’s experience working with children, adolescents and families in a community-based setting or High School diploma and 4 years experience working with children, adolescents and families in a community-based setting.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Facilitate group activities for participants in the Beacon program under the oversight of a Program Coordinator.
• Implement standardized lesson plans, activities, protocols and workshops in accordance to program funding requirements as well as policies and procedures developed by Nu Sigma Youth Services.
• Complete data collection activities on a daily basis as related to program mandates
• Attendance at weekly staff meeting with other program staff
• Attendance at training as required by program funders and Nu Sigma Youth Services
• Other duties as assigned.
WORKING HOURS: Schedule is determined by program design.
James M. Bradford
Director of Operations
Nu Sigma Youth Services
1207 Chestnut Street, 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 665-9886 (Fax)
- PowerCorpsPHL recruiting AmeriCorps members
- Unit Director, Developmental Disabilities, Resources for Human Development
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.