Greening STEM: Environment & experience enhancing education
Greening STEM: Environment & experience enhancing education!
Thursday, July 24 – Friday, July 25, Free!
- Free teacher training workshop
- Earn Act 48 Credits
- Get free resources for integrating the environment into STEM lessons
This exciting 2-day workshop is open to educators and teachers from early childhood to high school with breakout sessions available for a variety of age ranges and students. Teachers will get the benefit of ideas and lessons to incorporate into their own classroom and what tools to use (even with limited access to nature).
To register, call 215-482-7300.
Gather strategies for integrating green technologies into your STEM lessons and learn ways to integrate natural materials and use the environment as a base for lesson planning and programming.
Choose sessions based on your teaching level with choices from early childhood to elementary and upper elementary through high school.
Meet natural resource agency personnel and learn about their programs in our area.
See presentations that highlight the innovative lessons and ideas of local private and public schools.
More information about the 2014 Schuylkill Center Teacher Training Institute
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Spanish Language Information Session about DACA & 2021- Dec 2
- Free, Online Learning for Social Change: African American Museum in Philadelphia Virtual Exhibit: Rendering Justice – Dec 3
- Community Engagement Series on Police Reform: Circles of Truth, Collectively Envisioning an Equitable Future – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.