School District of Philadelphia
GreenFutures’ Professional Development Series: Climate Change – From Classroom to Community, Aug. 13-15
Attention School District of Philadelphia Teachers! Are you Climate Ready?
Join us for the next workshop in the GreenFutures’ Professional Development Series: Climate Change – From Classroom to Community Workshop, August 13 – 15, 2019, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM, at the Franklin Institute & Fairmount Water Works!
Learn how you can better equip your students with the tools and mindsets to effectively adapt to a hotter, wetter Philadelphia.
Workshop will include:
- Local, relevant, action-oriented climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- Hands-on interdisciplinary activities.
- Designing a climate action plan that you can take back and implement at your school.
- A diverse array of resources that range from lasting educator relationships to field trip opportunities for your students will be made available for those who participate.
Understand the roles and relationships between The School District of Philadelphia’s GreenFutures Sustainability Plan, The Education for Sustainability (EfS) Framework and National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA Program.
Important things to know:
- $150 stipend is being provided to participating SDP teachers from The National Wildlife Federation.
- SDP teachers will also be eligible to apply for mini-grants of your own design to improve the climate mitigation and adaptation strategies at your school.
- A sustainable, low-waste breakfast & lunch will be provided.
- Free Parking!
- Teachers of all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to attend (more than just STEM!).
We encourage you to ask another teacher of another discipline from your schools to join you for this PD– this material can only be made more impactful and effective when taught by interdisciplinary teacher teams.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.