Green Jobs Coordinator, Sustainable Business Network
Posted by on January 20, 2009
Position Announcement: Green Jobs Coordinator
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia seeks qualified applicants for a full-time position to serve as Green Jobs Coordinator, coordinating our efforts to create new employment opportunities for Philadelphians with barriers to employment in companies that improve environmental quality. SBN is currently funded for a one-year position with possible extension.
Qualifications: Previous experience in designing, developing, and implementing job training is required. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in community organizing. Candidate should have excellent multi-tasking skills, strong research and presentation skills. Proficiency with basic computer skills including word processing, e- mail, and Internet applications required.
SBN has been funded to design a comprehensive, citywide green jobs apprenticeship program. Grant activities include:
* Run roundtables with employers, workforce organizations and labor organizations to identify skill sets, barriers to employment and advancement paths for regional green economy jobs.
* Organize employers around common green collar workforce needs.
* Design a scalable apprenticeship training and placement program that connects basic skills training with the job-specific training regimens of participating employers.
* Advise Philadelphia City Council and the Mayor’s Office on procurement and regulatory policies to drive demand for green collar jobs.
Grant outcomes include:
* Create and sustain a Green Business Council, an industry partnership of at least 30 employers committed to building a talent pipeline through the public workforce system.
* Produce a comprehensive overview of employer needs for green economy workers in Greater Philadelphia.
* Create the employer relationships and programmatic infrastructure to launch a city-wide Green Jobs Corps capable of training and placing in apprenticeships at least 100 individuals per year.
SBN is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is $40,000.
To apply: Please submit cover letter including description of relevant experience, resume, and references via e-mail to Leanne Krueger-Braneky at leanne@s bnphiladelphia.org. No phone calls please.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.