Green Facilities Management under the Recovery Act
Posted by on April 20, 2009
An Overview of Green Facilities Management under the Recovery Act
When: May 19, 2009, 2:00 – 3:30 PM EST
The Recovery Act is helping to strengthen the faltering US economy through new funding opportunities, including $4.5 billion for “green” construction in federal offices. The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) is tasked with converting federal building to “High-Performance Green Buildings,” to reduce negative impacts on the environment, improve building performance.
The Performance Institute is hosting Green Facilities Management under the Recover Act. This 90 online training will help you and your colleagues understand important legislation, distribution of new funds and how your organization can receive much-needed funding to renovate, repair, improve and green federal facilities. This webinar will outline issues of building, operating and maintaining sustainable facilities.
You Will Learn To:
* Review the Recovery Act and track the distribution of funds to improve energy efficiency and waste prevention
* Examine U.S. Green Building Council and LEED certification
* Reduce costs, increase productivity by advancing energy efficiency, water conservation and the use of renewable energy sources
* Improve facility interagency cooperation
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Returning to the College Classroom: Is Hybrid Teaching Here to Stay? – Feb 11
- Call for Nominations: 2021 PennSERVE AmeriCorps Week Awards – Feb 18
- Race in America: Giving Voice – Jan 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.