Grants to Individual Artists for Professional Development
Posted by Brandywine Workshop and Archives on February 5, 2018
Technical Assistance and Professional Development Program
Announces it 2018 Grants to Individuals for Professional Development
*For Pennsylvania Residents Only
The program provides non-matching grants for professional development and consultation to African, African American, Asian, Asian American, Latin/Hispanic, Latin/Hispanic American, and Native American artists, as well as administrators and staff (including Board members and volunteers) who live and work in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and are affiliated with an art organization representing one or more of these diverse cultures.
The purpose of the program is to support the professional development of individuals representative of the above communities and who work in the arts (music, dance, theater, poetry and the visual arts) and the development and stabilization of organizations, programs, and projects that are deeply rooted in and contribute to the preservation of diverse cultures.
- Applicants may not be currently enrolled at an accredited institution.
- All applicants must live and work/practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Grant Award Amounts
There are two levels of grant awards:
1. Individual artists not affiliated with an arts organization may receive up to $500.00
2. Artists, Administrators, or Volunteers in service to a non-profit arts organization registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State and not currently receiving a grant under the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts “Strategies for Success” Program may receive up to $1,000.00
Professional development activities included:
Attendance at conferences, seminars, workshops, master classes and training programs to enhance skills, acquire new ones, or learn new techniques and approaches aligned with your art practice or responsibilities at your art organization. Registration fees, travel and hotel expenses can be covered by this grant. If you have any questions about eligibility, feel free to call us at 215.546.3675
The application period continues to March 31, 2018 and ends when all funds are committed. If qualified, applications will be funded in the order in which they are received by Brandywine Workshop and Archives.
The deadline to complete projects is June 30, 2018.
Applications are submitted to the Brandywine Workshop and Archives by mail to:
728 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146.
You can also submit a JPG file of your application and any support materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Seeks Proposals for Community Solutions for Health Equity Program – Oct 7
- Impact Fund: Support for Litigation to Advance Social Justice – Oct 6
- Herb Block Foundation Invites LOIs for Projects to Defend Basic Freedoms – Oct 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.