Grants Manager, Charles E. Ellis Trust
Posted by on July 2, 2007
The Charles E. Ellis Trust
The mission of the Charles E. Ellis Grant and Scholarship Fund is to help Philadelphia resident girls from single parent families graduate high school and lead successful lives. Students in Archdiocesan and Independent schools are granted tuition assistance, while students in public and charter schools are supported in summer and after school programs, and extra-curricular activities. The Trust supports over 2000 students per year and works collaboratively with schools, programs and families.
This position exists to ensure that Trust monies are used to further the educational goals and provide meaningful and life-changing opportunities for eligible high school girls in Philadelphia. The Grants Manager oversees the processing of student applications for funding while also building and maintaining relationships with partners, schools and families to ensure eligible students have access to and apply for grants. This is a full time position.
– Reviewing and approving applications in a timely manner
– Communicating with families and counselors regarding application status, programs, procedures etc.
– Composing and editing a variety of professional documents on behalf of the trust
– Conducting annual and other meetings, trainings, informational and outreach sessions with high school staff, community-based organizations and families regarding applications and spending.
The ideal candidate will possess:
– A passion and enthusiasm for working with students and families to assist in the attainment of educational and personal goals.
– Superior customer service skills
-An ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and professions
– Strong presentation skills
– Excellent writing skills
– Strong computer skills ? applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly with Access, Outlook, and Word
– An ability to handle multiple and varied tasks
– Creativity, high level of energy and self-motivation
– At least one year of work experience with high school age students preferably in a community or school environment
– Knowledge of the School District of Philadelphia systems and schools.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or send to Human Resources, The Charles E. Ellis Grant and Scholarship Fund, c/o White-Williams Scholars, 215 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. No phone calls, please.
- Community Health Worker – Adult Care and Transition Team, CHOP
- Asthma Home Visitor, SHOP
- Asthma Program – School Ambassador, CHOP
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.